Saturday, February 16, 2008

La Dolce Vita



While on the topic of death and grieving, most of you know that Drake, my beloved pooch passed away nearly two years ago. I named my company after him, and he remains in our hearts forever. A sassy, loving and food obsessed golden, Drake lived life to the fullest, notoriously stealing Grandma's mantoes and my friend's hotdog buns (all 36 of them). I swore I'd never get another dog again, but Jeff and I fell in love at the shelter with a mutt named Mocha. Coincidentally, all pets in the Chiang family orignally have food names - our childhood dog Maple (as in syrup); Amber the cat's name was originally Honey and Drake's previous name was Butter. I took that as a sign, plus she melted Jeff right away and her sweet and gentle nature won us over. We rechristened her Dolce, because of her sweet temperament, and also since her coat is the shade of dulce de leche. Her full name is La Dolce Vita Lee, Dolce for short.

1 comment:

Tereza said...

What a cutie. Can't wait to meet her. All your family pets have had food names... hmmm. Who would have guessed ;) I love Dolce's name, especially the fact that she has a last name too. She is one lucky doggie to have you two as parents.