Saturday, February 16, 2008

Tereza's Tragedy


Today I learned some sad news - my dear friend Tereza's second born child - Amalia passed away after only 8 days in this world. Surely Tereza and Tim are coping as best they can, but how can one recover from such tragedy? What do you say to someone in their situation? How many times do they want to hear that others are sorry for their loss? Grieving takes on its own form for each person and we all manifest and cope with grief differently. I often "stay in touch" with Tereza by occasionally popping onto her blog, when neither of us have the time during our chaotic days to coordinate a phone call and relish our times together in person. So it is in her honor that I inaugurate this blog, which I've been putting off for years. This is a picture of Tereza and Jonah taken almost 2 years ago when Sabrina was stateside and we all stayed at a lovely house on the OR coast, where Drake passed away.

1 comment:

Tereza said...

Thanks for your kind thoughts, Lisa. You are such a sweet friend. I am so excited you started a blog. I've been hoping you would for a couple of years. Yay! I'll be checking in frequently.